This musical tankard by Crown Devon Fieldings (Rd No 796688) c1940s, is in relief moulded decoration & features lyrics from “D’ye Ken John Peel” (Do You Know John Peel) written by John Woodcock Graves c1824. John Peel (d1854) was a farmer & huntsman from Cumbria (formerly Cumberland) & it is thought production of the tankard commenced c1934 (source: John Peel’s 4 x great grandson).
Dimensions: Height 12cm H Rim to edge of handle 13cm W Base 12cm diameter
Notes on condition: as returns will not be accepted based on the condition as described & shown in the photographs, please contact me prior to purchase if you require any further information.
- it is in excellent condition with no damage or restoration & the music box is complete & working; it has age related crazing which adds to the charm;
- it is as received & has not been cleaned – this will be up to the purchaser to undertake;
- it is recommended the purchaser handle the tankard with care & doesn’t overwind the mechanism;
- backstamp is located on the inside bottom edge; and
- please view photos included with the listing as these form an integral part of the description.
*Postage Sizing: Large Item*
If you would like to purchase additional *medium or large-sized items* with this order, the combined items will not qualify for flat rate postage. Please contact me prior to purchase for a postage quote.