Highly collectable Shorter & Son Ltd Cheese/Butter Dish
Shorter & Son (1906 – 1964) were an earthenware & majolica manufacturer in Stoke on Trent was established in 1906 and in 1940, Colley Shorter married Clarice Cliff who became Artistic Director of their group of potteries. In the 1950s the company flourished, producing popular new lines and reintroducing some of their old ones. In 1963 the business was sold to S.Fielding & Co and became a subsidiary of Crown Devon Ltd.
Source: “The Potteries”